Monday, October 8, 2007

Darfur and Iraqi refugees in Egypt

I sit in my room. I read two articles today that blew my mind. I realize they are from a newspaper. That the writer didn't grow up here. But the imbalance of the world is just incredible to me. I think I believe in God. I grew up Jewish and went to Sunday School. But I don't even really enjoy my life most of the time. I find it really painful a lot of the time actually. Reading these articles I guess I have it easier, but I don't think it makes its going to make me enjoy my life anymore. I don't understand the world at all. If you read the article you'll find that even the presence of help in some ways is just adding to the problem. I guess we just let it happen, what in the fucking god damn am I gonna do? I've experienced and seen beauty in so many ways, but the destruction and violence in this world is just as sublime.

to read
go to the latimes website
search for "Another disaster brews in Darfur"

and "A refuge without welcome for Iraqis"

No comments: