Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Synthesizer Data Bank (A walk home)

I exited the Super Krishima supermarket in Musashi Shinjo. There is a bustle of people and bikes outside. I hear the slowing down and speeding up of cars. Each car has its own sound.(frrrrroooooooommmm) I see a vending machine, I imagine coins dropping through the slot and the push of button releasing the drink. I can hear it falling to the bottom like thunder.(thuthuthud) I hear the automated voice of a car park ticket gate "Irashimase!" I turn left. A car is coming up the street(emmm), A bike slows down, piercing my ear drums with its unoiled brakes.(krrrissssss) On my right is a construction site, I can hear the banging of hammers on metal.(kak kak kak kak) Another car comes up the street, it is very light on the graound.(weooooo) I make a rhythm with my shopping bag, the plastic sheets rubbing against on another(ksh ksh), while the weight of the groceries insides drops down.(kajash) A man is walking up the street his feet slide on the road, shuffling.(bum dsh bum dsh) A womans high heels are clacking behind me.(clik clak clik clak) In the sky a plane is rumbling thunderously.(Grrrrrrrrrsssshhhhhh) The cars, bikes, and walking people all are creating their own rhythms, their own variations, but remaining in constant traffic. I turn right, and look abrubtly to my left, in time to hear the thud of a baseball meeting a glove, three boys are playing catch down the way.(dak!) I then turn left, crows are cawing above me(caw caw caw), I see some fences. The first one is aluminum, I brush my right hand against its bars(dum dum dum dom dom dom), then it changes to wood as I turn right, making a more flat sound.(pt pt pt) Then theres a space for an exit, and fence on the other side is a chain link vibrating more freely, and waving like a heavy flag.(kaching ching ching ing in) In front of the fence is a truck with the back open, I give it a good tap, a large hollow drum.(Bou!)
Then my fingers hit the plastic covering of a wire,(tpa) and afterwards my hand rubs a cement pole,(jsh) a sound only I can hear. I see a motorbike with a cover on it, I down want to hit it too hard, so I just flick it with my fingers,(bop) I cross the street. A van slows down(vyoooooowwww) and speeds up(wooooooovvvvvvvv) as I cross the other side. I look left, a man is taping an aluminum chair on the ground, as if it got wet, to dry it out.(ting ting ting) I look right, there are two young school girls laughing at something I dont know.(ha ha ha he ha) I arrive to the front of my building. Across the street, a building is being destroyed. I put my key in the door,(krrick) and the door slides open automatically and closes.(garuuuup, garuuuuup) i walk up to the second floor, and peak at the demolition. There are two bulldozers, grabbing aluminum.(errrrruaoooookshhh kssshhererrruuuhhhgg) A man is there to spray water,(pssssh pshhh) to prevent the dust from rising. Another man is throwing rubbish into a large dumpster.(kashhhnkkk) A passing person stops, and peaks through the crack in the fence. I go inside my house, and put in a load of laundry. The drab noise of the washing machine rotates loudly. (errrrrr errrrrrr errrrrr errrrrr errrrrrr errrrrr errrrrr)

No comments: