Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Stepping Stone(track no.2)

Today as I was walking on a new street. I tried to focus just on my body, or really my clothes. First again, I was carrying a plastic bag full of food. Lifting it, swinging it forward and backward.(A) Then I could hear a package of mints shaking in my pocket.(B) In my bag my sketchbook was moving forward and backward taping the canvas cloth.(C) Then I noticed my feet. My leather shoes tapping the asphalt.(D) On the sides of the streets, keys were to be played. The first set of keys are the cement rectangles that cover the rain gutters. They are not permanently attached, so as they can be easily removed in case of a clog. When you step on them they make a nice bass pop, echoing briefly in the hollow space.(E) Then there are the metal grating which is a higher pitch bass pop.(F) And lastly there are the steel mini ramps which make it easier for people and things to get up the curbs.(G) All of these which are to be stepped on to compose a walking home track.
(A+B+C)(D+E+F+G)=10.02

1 comment:

Konrad Newman said...

It's amazing how an audio description can make a visual image that much more vivid. When i read the audio, it feels like my own memory.