Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gangstarr-Mass Appeal

i like the sound of his voice, takes me back to Rob hyping DJ premier tracks in our "pink" apartment.


No way you’ll never make it,
Come with weak shit I break kids,
Step into my zone mad rhymes’ll stifle ya,
Lines like rifles go blast when I kick some ass
A lot of rappers be like one time wonders,
Couldn’t say a fly rhyme if there was one right under, their noses,
I hate those muthafuckin’ posers,
but I’m so real to them it’s scary,
With my unique skills, nah they can’t compare me,
And no we don’t make wak tracks,
And all the suckers get pushed back when I’m kickin’ real facts,
I represent set up shit like a tent boy,
You’re paranoid ‘cause you’re a son like Elroy,
And you be happy as hell to have a record deal,
Maybe a soul you’d sell to have mass appeal

Oh yes I be greater than all emcees when I breeze give me room please,
I be like fascinating when I be updating
Cuttin’ off wak kids and pullin’ their trunk cards I thump hard,
and make ‘em say that I’m god,
niggaz be pretending they’re hardcore,
never know the meaning of [raw],
but I get raps like a slogan and no man,
could ever try to dis when I kicks my jams,
lyrically def and connected complete mic wreckin’,
no double-checkin vocals kill like weapons,
but if I have to I go all out with no mic,
yeah that’s right ‘cause I survived mad fights,
and for my peeps I truly care,
‘cause without some of them I wouldn’t be here,
and they all know how I feel,
‘cause suckers be like playing themselves to have mass appeal

I know I’m dope but don’t wet that,
I suffered setbacks but now I’m making greenbacks,
Just like baggy slacks I’m crazy hip hop,
Check one two and you don’t stop,
You’re head’ll bop when I drop my crop of pure bomb,
Just like the sea shore I’m calm,
But Wild, with my monotone style,
Because I don’t need gimmicks,
Gimme a fly beat, and I’m all in it,
Word is born I go on and on,
For you its tragic I got magic like wands,
So I’m gonna end this lecture and I’ll betcha,
Those who kick dirt and do time I’m gonna get ya,
‘cause I be kicking the real,
While they be losing their rings trying to chase mass appeal.

2 comments:

September said...

one of the best...minimalist...

Konrad Newman said...

Ahh, memories...