Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Up Series

The Up series is a documentary following the lives of 14 British children every seven years since 1964. It was made by Michael Apted. The 14 children were choosen by their varuious economic status from poor to rich. The series reveals clues to questions, such as, do we really change? If you are born into a class system, are you likely to continue to be a part of it? If you appear in a documentary every seven years, is your life influenced by the thought of others judging you? I have only watched seven plus seven because that is all thats currently available on Google video. If you check on Wikipedia, up series, you can get some more ideas.

4 comments:

wiso said...

These kids are impressive!

Konrad Newman said...

Impressive, indeed.

naetron said...

Kid 1:"I think I'll go to Cambridge"
Kid 2:"I 'll go on to Oxford"
Kid 3: "I think I'll just go walk round, see what I can find."
Classic

September said...

apparently one of the kids becomes homeless in his 20s and then goes on to be a politician! I got to see the other parts.