Saturday, February 23, 2008

Frederic Wiseman Retrospective 2008

Athenee Francais have Frederic Wiseman Retrospective now.
http://www.athenee.net/culturalcenter/schedule/program/wiseman/frederickwiseman.html
I saw Deaf, and it's very interesting to me.
I think the way of how he makes documentary is opposite of Michael Moore's.
Wiseman has been filming American daily life by the kind of boring way, not dramatic,
but it left me impressive feeling. And every cut is very cool.
I want to know how americans like you guys feel from those.

1 comment:

Konrad Newman said...

This is the first i've heard of Wiseman. He seems really interesting.

Gavin and i talk about it a lot, but its interesting how the everyday, the little things, the "boring", can express the feeling of the total situation.

i look forward to checking out Wiseman's flicks.

Thank you!