Thursday, February 15, 2007

Secret Symphony

I drop off some hangers
Outside the store I walk
Up the sidewalk
A small boy and his mother
Walk in front of me
The boy brushes the fence with his hand
After this fence finishes
He has to touch the next one
He pulls his mothers arm so he can reach it

An old man with big TV glasses
And an orange bald head
And lips the hide
Throws water on his patio

A faint sound of a TV is heard
in a nearby apartment

I brush my hand on a fence
I imagine plastic cups
Hanging on a wall
During an earthquake
A car passes down the street

Now Im sitting in the Cafe
Ive finished being careful not to spill spaghetti
On my clothes
Jazz Music is playing
I slurp my cofee
A child makes loud noises
A couple of middle aged women are chatting about their Husbands
Every now and then the bell above the door jingles

The sax goes up and down the scales
Like a walrus waddling up to his apartment
At 9 pm after a day of hard work
A child makes sounds
An aluminum pan crashes
Someone stirs their Iced Latte with a straw
The cofee machine spins
The child wines
The woman ehhhs...
They laugh
A spoon hits a plate
The child da dub dahs
A waiter serves lunch
He apologizes for the wait
Knives and forks jangle plates
A newspaper is folded to the business page
An old guy rumbles
Looking the opposite way as he talks to his wife
Plates in the kitchen are separated for incoming customers
A fork hits a plate
A straw stirs an ice drink
The sax fights like a boat in a whirl pool
The child "da da da da"
The women laugh
Cups jangle in different parts of the room
"Irashimase!"
The bell above the door jingles
The child "ha ha ha "
"A wy ke a why ke"
"ii yo ii yo"
"Majide"
"He he he"
A young girl stands twirling her bag
The child "Da Ki Ta a ma Ka"
"Ow Ow ha ite"
The sax mumbles soft and low
Beep beep beep
An alarm goes off
A pizza is ready in the oven
A woman puts her wallet into a a bag
She takes her coat off
A young girl steps in shoes this way
Trays are ordered in a stack
"Date so so so"
The child "Ka Oh e"
The sax "Da da da du du duh"
"De da da dum"
Butter melts on an order of waffles next to me
The young girl steps this way again
Bags are put down
Coats are takin off
The air from the espresso machine blows into a cup of espresso
Sun rays hit my table
The man still reads his paper
A high heeled woman jangles her tray onto the table
Ans shuffles to her seat
I can see a young red glassed beige shirt woman in the mirror
On the other side of the cafe
An orange sweater womans arms dance while her friend nods her head
I cannot hear them at all
I smell some sweet aroma
Water washes dishes in the distance
A woman snaps open her cell phone
A woman twists pasta in a spoon
Forks are put onto a tray

No comments: